Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Site Host/Greeter (two hosts per site, per shift)You are a huge part of the positive experience of the public at Doors Open. As visitors arrive, you will greet them and answer basic questions about Doors Open as well as assist site representatives to ensure a positive experience for everyone involved.
Time Commitment: As much as possible, with a minimum of a 1⁄∕2 day (4 hours) shift on either of the two days of the event and at least one mandatory training session. Volunteers are also welcome to attend a volunteer/sponsor appreciation event to be held in October.
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Cool, and calm under pressure as sites get busy
- Welcome visitors on the day of the event at the assigned site.
- Setting up the flag (or taking it down if you have the afternoon shift).
- Give basic information about the event and the site.
- Keep a record of visitor attendance as well as basic information (i.e. age group, place of residence, etc.) for our records.The Volunteer Coordinator will collect this information at the end of each day. You will be provided with a tally sheet to use,but can submit your totals via email at the end of your shift.
- If you have access to social media during the event post, blog, tweet as you help spread the word about the event and yourparticular site. Possible posts could include what visitors are saying, specifics of your site’s programming, and photos,photos, photos!
- Report any issues and incidents to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Deliver bins and banners to the participating sites during business hours.
- Typically, the distribution of materials will take place on the Thursday and Friday before the event, and the collection of materials will take place Sunday after the event, and on Monday.
- If you like, you can also volunteer during the event weekend as a “cruiser”.